Posted on 06 July 2010.
By Michael Master
At the start of July, 2010, it seems like George W. Bush is in the White House again.
59 American soldiers died in Afghanistan in June … about 2 a day …. like during the peak in Iraq under Bush. General Petraeus is in charge. And the USA is implementing the same surge strategy as used in Iraq.
On July 1, 2010, Barack Hussein Obama made a major speech about immigration reform. In that speech, he made the following points. Did you listen to his speech? He said:
– The borders must be secure. The USA is putting more “boots” on the street to secure them than at any other time in history. Border security and immigration reform can happen independently. (note that this is a big departure from what Obama said just 2 weeks ago after meeting with Governor Brewer from Arizona when he demanded that any border actions must be part of comprehensive immigration reform before he would take action about the border.)
– The USA cannot practically remove the 12 million illegal immigrants. Another alternative is needed.
– American businesses that employ illegal immigrants need to be punished. They encourage illegal immigration. They need to be stopped in order to stop illegal immigration. (note that this is contrary to actions of the Obama administration. In the last couple of years of the Bush administration, legal actions were brought against an average of 5000 businesses a year for employing illegal immigrants. Under Obama, fewer than 500 per year have been prosecuted.)
– If the USA provides a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, it must not reward them for breaking USA immigration laws. Any path to citizenship cannot be seen as amnesty. It must include penalties. It must include learning English. It must include learning American history and laws. And it must include an adequate wait period.
– Foreigners must be discouraged from coming to the USA illegally. The USA is a sovereign country with borders and a culture that must be protected.
– The USA needs to stop illegal immigration to stop potential “terrorists” from sneaking into the USA. (note that this is one of the few times that Obama has ever even used the term “terrorist.”)
– The costs for illegal immigrants is huge… crime, social services, welfare services for children born as USA citizens to illegal immigrants, kidnappings, killings, illegal drugs, drug cartels, and diminished wages for USA union workers. (note that Obama is using this argument to justify turning the illegal immigrants into legitimate visitors … rather than to justify why to get rid of them. His argument does not address the criminal actions of these people.)
– The recent laws passed in Arizona “might” cause racial profiling. (note that this is his only objection to the Arizona law. So it should be inferred that Obama agrees with the intent of the Arizona law. But it is doubtful that this is true. It is truer that “possible” racial profiling is the only legal objection that his legal team (DoJ) can find.)
Wow! Is this Barack Hussein Obama or is it George W. Bush? Obama continued by saying that George W. Bush proposed similar immigration reform and was supported by 11 Republican Senators. Obama then asked those 11 Senators to support his approach because it is so similar to the immigration reform proposed by Bush.
Wow! Deaths in Afganistan. Petraeus. Surge. Immigration reform. “Terrorists.” Obama is admitting that Bush did some good stuff.
What is happening? Why is Obama moving from his far left socialist positions? Why is he sounding so much like Bush?
Let’s look at the record:
Approval ratings for Obama have diminished tremendously.
Obama is failing in Afghanistan and has not found Osama bin Laden as he promised.
The USA is still in Iraq …. and Gitmo is still open.
Democrats are scared about the elections this November.
2/3 of Americans disapprove of the health “insurance” law.
Since Democrats gained control of Congress in 2006, the economy has gone to crap. The housing market continues to fall. Unemployment remains high while the deficit is 4 times higher than under Bush.
The reactions by the Obama administration to the oil spill, to the floods in Nashville, and to numerous terrorist attempts are much worse than the reaction of the Bush administration to Katrina.
Corruption in this government is widespread. Fannie Mae. Freddie Mac. Barney Frank. Chris Dodd. George Soros. Tony Rezko. Blago. Sestack. Emmanuel. Al Gore. It goes on and on.
The bail outs only helped unions. The stimulus spending has only created government jobs. And small business has been hurt by this administration.
Missouri, Texas, and other states have much tougher laws about illegal immigration than does Arizona and ¾ of Americans agree with what these states are doing.
Therefore, one thing is for sure, Obama has been out of step with mainstream America and he is in trouble. So is he trying to make us think he is moving to the center in his politics because America is growing weary of his far left socialism.
Now, this is what worries me:
- Can Obama be trusted? He still lacks transparency about his college documents, his passports, and his long form birth certificate. He has violated the promises that he made during the election … every one of his programs include new taxes or fees or penalties on all Americans … not just the rich … there is no transparency in his administration … the government uses Chicago thug tactics … and his friends continue to include some very dubious people.
- If immigration reform laws are passed, will they be implemented as passed … or will this administration choose what it wants to enforce as it does about other laws and the Constitution?
- Is Obama really moving to the center or is he trying to fool America like he did during the elections?
It is my belief that Barack Hussein Obama and his corrupt government cannot be trusted. We cannot allow them to gain any more power or pass any more laws because they have abused our trust.
Michael Master is the author of “Save America Now!” It can be ordered at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1616235756